ThereTo Apply: An official application must be submitted and may be obtained online at http://www.egovlink.com/
ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
Starting salary $36,160 ($60,267 after 5 years of service)
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid, non-restricted Michigan driver’s license. All applicants must have the following documentation at the time of application:
- College transcripts indicating 60 hours of college credit in criminal justice or related
- Proof of completion of the Police Academy or proof of current enrollment in the Academy
- For applicants who have completed the Academy, a letter from MCOLES proving certification or ability to be certified
- EMPCO test score (or proof of registration for future exam)
- A copy of MCOLES physical agility certification. To clarify, all candidates must have a current MCOLES physical agility certification or must be registered for the upcoming examination at the time of application.
An official application must be submitted IN PERSON and may be obtained online at http://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/dearbornheights/published_documents/Forms/HR/Employment%20Application_Police_Fire.pdf or from Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights.
ACT 78 CIVIL SERVICE PROCESS:
- Must pass Civil Service written examination administered by Dearborn Heights OR EMPCO written examination with a score of 70% or higher
- Must pass an Oral Interview with a score of 70% of higher.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until posted otherwise.
To schedule complete a profile and take the EMPCO test for these position, go to https://www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan.
The City of Dearborn Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Part-time Employment Opportunities
There are no part-time opportunities at this time.
The City of Dearborn Heights is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.