HR Department - Employment
Full-time Employment Opportunities
Firefighters: Dearborn Heights is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Firefighter.
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age or older, and possess a valid, non-restricted MI driver's license. Must present at time of application: College transcripts indicating 60 hours completed (unofficial transcript is sufficient for application purposes); Firefighter I and II certification or completion of Fire Academy ; valid State of Michigan Paramedic License; and Certification from CWW Firefighter testing program (written and physical agility).
To Apply: An official application must be submitted and may be obtained online at http://www.egovlink.com/
Hiring Process: Must pass written exam, oral interview, background investigation, post-offer psychological exam, drug screen, and physical examination.
Starting salary: $33,843 plus benefits after 90 days
For the Water Department, laborers are responsible to executive and maintain water repair and maintenance tasks.
For the Highway Laborer, laborers are responsible for maintaining and fixing roads.
For the Building Maintenance, laborers are responsible for repairing and maintaining public buildings and parks.
For the Ordinance Department, employees are responsible for code enforcement throughout the City.
EDUCATIONAL AND DRIVING REQUIREMENTS:
Must be 18 years or older
High school diploma or GED
Valid State of Michigan Commercial Driver’s License – Class B with a Air Brake Endorsement
Must meet General Government Civil Service Driving Standards
CIVIL SERVICE PROCESS:
Must pass Civil Service written examination with a score of 70% or higher.
Must pass an Oral Interview.
Must pass background check.
Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
To apply for this position, please submit an application, a copy of your CDL, and a current copy of your driving record to the Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights. Applications can be downloaded by clicking www.ci.dearborn-heights.mi.us. Applications are due by Wednesday, August 20, at 4 p.m.
Summary: Works under the general direction of the library branch manager and library director. Responsible for administrative, supervisory and direct service work overseeing the general circulation operations of the library, including all adult and juvenile circulation functions; all other related work, as required.
- Oversees the operations and personnel of the circulation department, including registering new borrowers, checking out materials, administering museum passes, and maintaining complete and accurate records.
- Assists patrons as they borrow or return materials.
- Maintains accurate and current circulation statistics; prepares monthly report for the Library Branch Manager and/or Director.
- Assists in the development of library policies and procedures, particularly as related to circulation.
- Trains and instructs staff and volunteers; provides staff with information on new procedures and materials.
- Enforces and interprets library policies pertaining to circulation of materials and use of equipment; assists patrons in the use of library facilities and resources; answers inquiries on procedures in person and by telephone.
- Reviews and purchases materials for purchase; maintains rental audio book collection.
- Organizes monthly displays and exhibits.
- Attends informational and instructional conferences and workshops related to library operations.
- Supervises shelf reading for adult services; weeds shelves for assigned areas.
- Performs similar or related work as required, or as situation dictates.
CIVIL SERVICE PROCESS:
- Must pass Civil Service written examination with a score of 70% or higher.
- Must pass an Oral Interview.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
To apply for this position, please submit an application to the Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights. Applications can be downloaded by clicking www.ci.dearborn-heights.mi.us. Applications are due by Wednesday, August 20, at 4 p.m.
The City of Dearborn Heights is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.