FOR UNOFFICIAL RESULTS OF WESTWOOD
MILLAGE ELECTION-DEARBORN HEIGHTS
WALTER J. PRUSIEWICZ
DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MICHIGAN 48127
HOURS: Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m.
PHONE: (313) 791-3430
ABOUT THE CLERK
City Clerk Walt Prusiewicz was appointed by the City Council to temporarily fill a vacancy on April 1, 2011. He was elected in November of 2011 to serve the remaining term of City Clerk. He is a Wayne State graduate with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting and possesses a Masters of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE
The Dearborn Heights City Clerk’s office is responsible for the following:
- Administers elections and performs all related election activities---for a link to the election page CLICK HERE
- Issues business licenses and registrations---for a link to the business license page CLICK HERE
- Registers all commercial and residential alarms---for a link to the alarm page CLICK HERE
- Certifies birth and death records, if the event occurred in Dearborn Heights
- Issues pet licenses---for a link to the pet license page CLICK HERE
- Permanent records of City Council proceedings along with all Boards and Commissions---for a link to the City Council page CLICK HERE
- Keeper of the City Seal and custodian of all official records
MISSION STATEMENT FROM THE CLERK’S OFFICE
Have fun at what you do. It will be reflected in your work. No one likes a grump except another grump! We all spend plenty of hours at work. It is much more pleasant to spend those hours with people who have a bounce in their step and a smile on their face than with those who mistakenly associate professionalism with a dour disposition. The best managers give of themselves by having fun at what they do. Research shows that when people are in a good mood at work, it builds emotional capital and enhances productivity. The art of leadership is getting work done well through other people, and laughing together is one of the best ways to do that.
Our promise to you from the City Clerk’s office is that you will always be treated in a courteous and friendly manner.
You are our customer and it is our job to serve you.
If you need to contact one of your elected officials, an excellent resource is the League of Women Voters 2013 Who’s Who (Your Elected Officials) CLICK HERE for a link to the pamphlet.