Information go to this link
Change the batteries when you change your clock.
For any recreational fire in the City of Dearborn Heights to be legal, the following requirements must be met.
- Must be in an approved outdoor fireplace or fire pit.
- Fuel must be seasoned dry firewood.
- The fuel cannot exceed two feet in diameter, or one foot in height.
- Minimum distance of 15 feet from any structure or lot line for a fireplace.
- Minimum distance of 25 feet from any structure or lot line for a fire pit.
- All fires shall be constantly attended.
- There shall be a means of extinguishment present.
- No fire can be used for waste disposal purpose.
- Fire crews reserve the right to extinguish any fire if atmospheric conditions such as wind or high humidity warrant it.
- Fire crews reserve the right to extinguish any fire at the Officer's discretion if they are unsure of the material being burned
- Fire crews reserve the right to extinguish any fire that is creating a nuisance for other properties in the area.
YOU CAN AND WILL BE TICKETED IF WE RESPOND TO MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS!
Be Aware of the New Emergency
Traffic Signals in Dearborn Heights
New emergency traffic signals are being tested at 4 local intersections. These signals are designed to warn motorists of approaching emergency vehicles.
When flashing...Please pull to the right and yield the right of way.