Office Location
Our office is located at City Hall at 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48127.
Contact Information
To Report Ordinance Violations: (313) 791-3497
Animal Control: (313) 791-3484 (for animal emergencies call (313) 277-6770)
Regular Office Hours
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday
For an Online Guide to Commonly Referenced Property Maintenance Ordinances that are click here 

Does your sidewalk look like this & need to be replaced?
cracked sidewalk

The City of Dearborn Heights has started a Voluntary Sidewalk Replacement Program.

  • Residents can have slabs of their sidewalk replaced at a much lower cost through the City rather than finding their own contractor.
  • The cost to the resident is $200 a slab, plus a flat $75 administration fee, which also covers the cost of the permit.

For more information or to be placed on the list, please contact the Ordinance Department by phone at (313) 791-3497 or by email at

What is the purpose of having ordinances in the City of Dearborn Heights?
Ordinances are adopted to protect and promote the health, safety, comfort, convenience, prosperity, and general welfare of residents and businesses in the City. More specifically ordinances ensure Dearborn Heights continues to be a clean, safe and desirable community, protecting your investment as a home or business owner in the City. As the spring and summer months move forward, we will continue to work with our residents to resolve ordinance related issues.

Residents are encouraged to report ordinance violations in their neighborhood. This can be done by calling the Ordinance Department directly at 313-791-3497, or by submitting a request form by clicking here.

All residents are encouraged to to review the City's ordinances by visiting the “Ordinances Online” link in the City Government tab.

FOR ALL ANIMAL EMERGENCIES such as a dog or cat at large or injured animals, please contact the Police Department at 313-277-6770.