Instructional Video for Tabulators
Click Here
Instructional Video for Handicap Terminal 
Click Here

I am not a registered voter, how do I register?
You can register to vote in person at the Clerk’s Office, located at 6045 Fenton, or by visiting any branch of the Secretary of State’s office. You may also register by mail by completing and sending a registration form to our office. Please be advised that registering by mail requires you to vote in person the first time you participate in an election.

The requirements to register includes all of the following:

  • a U.S. citizen
  • at least 18 years old by Election Day
  • a resident of Michigan
  • and a resident of the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.

You must be registered thirty days prior to an election to be able to vote in that particular election.

Now that I am registered, where do I vote? Can I see a sample of my ballot?

After registering to vote you will be sent a Voter Identification Card which will provide you with the name and address of your polling location. Your Voter Identification Card will also indicate your Precinct number, School District, U.S. Congressional District, State Senate District, State Representative District and your County Commission District. You may also determine if you are registered to vote and where you vote by clicking on the link below. This site will also provide you with a sample ballot when ballots are available for the next upcoming election.


What do I need to be able to vote at the polls?

When you go to the polls to cast a ballot, you will be asked to produce voter identification. The following types of valid photo ID are acceptable:

  • Michigan Driver’s or State issued ID card
  • Driver’s license or ID card issued from another state
  • Federal or state government issued photo ID
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military ID with photo
  • Student ID card with photo from a high school or accredited institution of higher learning
  • Tribal identification card with photo

If you do not have a photo ID or do not bring it with you to the polls, you may still vote by signing an affidavit stating you are not in possession of photo identification.

To view a copy of Michigan Voter Rights and Responsibilities please CLICK HERE

Can I vote absentee rather than at the polls?

You may vote absentee ballot if you meet one of the criteria below:

  • At least 60 years of age
  • Unable to vote without assistance
  • Be out of town during the election
  • In jail awaiting arraignment or trial
  • Unable to go to the polls due to religious tenets
  • Plan to work as an election inspector in a precinct other than your own

A good resource for further information is the League of Women Voters website.

Dearborn Heights is comprised of 27 distinct polling locations. For a list of polling locations please CLICK HERE

For a map of the Dearborn Heights precincts please CLICK HERE.

For an Absentee Ballot Application please CLICK HERE.

If you are interested in becoming an Election Inspector please CLICK HERE for an application.

For a link to the League of Woman Voters Nonpartisan Information Voter Guide CLICK HERE