PARKS & RECREATION DIRECTOR
Budgeted Salary $55,000
- Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field.
- Minimum requirement of five (5) years experience in a parks and/or recreation program in a supervisory/management capacity with a preference towards local government experience.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, facilities, and programs required in a comprehensive park and recreation program.
Starting salary: $36,595.60 plus benefits after 90 days
Qualifications: Must be at least 18 years of age or older, and possess a valid, non-restricted MI driver's license. Must present at time of application: College transcripts indicating at least 30 hours completed beyond Fire I and II and paramedic (unofficial transcript is sufficient for application purposes); Firefighter I and II certification or completion of Fire Academy; valid State of Michigan Paramedic License; and Certification from CWW Firefighter testing program (written and physical agility). All candidates must have a current physical agility certification or must be registered for the upcoming examination at the time of application.
To Apply: An official application must be submitted and may be obtained online at http://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/dearbornheights/published_documents/Forms/HR/Employment%20Application_Police_Fire.pdf or in person at Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights. Applications will be accepted Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. All documents listed above under "Qualifications" must be submitted at the time of application as well. Incomplete application packets cannot be accepted. Complete application packets must be received by 4:00 pm, Thursday, October 4, 2018.
Hiring Process: Must pass written exam, oral interview, background investigation, post-offer psychological exam, drug screen, and physical examination.ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
Starting salary $40,000 ($62,086.77 after 5 years of service)
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid, non-restricted Michigan driver’s license. All applicants must have the following documentation at the time of application:
- College transcripts indicating 60 hours of college credit in criminal justice. For applicants who do not have 60 college credits completed, please submit proof of employment as a full-time police officer. Applicants with three years of full-time employment as a police officer do not have the college education requirement. Each year of full-time employment as a police officer will replace 20 college credits in the education requirement. Therefore, candidates may have a combination of college credits and police officer work experience.
- Proof of completion of the Police Academy or proof of current enrollment in the Academy
- For applicants who have completed the Academy, a letter from MCOLES proving certification or ability to be certified
- EMPCO test score (or proof of registration for future exam)
- A copy of MCOLES physical agility certification. To clarify, all candidates must have a current MCOLES physical agility certification or must be registered for the upcoming examination at the time of application.
An official application must be submitted IN PERSON and may be obtained online at http://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/dearbornheights/published_documents/Forms/HR/Employment%20Application_Police_Fire.pdf or from Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights.ACT 78 CIVIL SERVICE PROCESS:
- Must pass Civil Service written examination administered by Dearborn Heights OR EMPCO written examination with a score of 70% or higher
- Must pass an Oral Interview with a score of 70% of higher.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until posted otherwise.
To schedule complete a profile and take the EMPCO test for these position, go to https://www.empco.net/testing/ and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan.
The City of Dearborn Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.