DIRECTOR OF GRANTS AND BUDGET COMPLIANCE
21-089 Motion by Councilman Muscat, seconded by Councilman Constan to approve the Resolution for New Mayor Appointee and create the position of Director of Grants and Budget Compliance (DGBC_ and authorize the Mayor to fill this position temporarily for a period of six (6) months. In addition, authorize the City Comptroller to fund the DGBC position from the Mayor's Office Budget for FY 2020 Account 101-171-726.000 and submit to Council potential budget amendment as needed as outlined in 11-A. Per Councilman Muscat, Counciman Abdel-Hak and Councilman Wencel communication dated February 9, 2021 (as follows).
New Mayor Appointee Position
Tuesday February 9, 2021 Regular Meeting
Proposed by Council Member Ray Muscat, Zouher Abdel-Hak, Tom Wencel
Whereas, the title of new position will be: Director of Grants and Budget Compliance (DGBC). And;
Whereas, the appointee will be a full-time employee and report to the Mayor. And;
Whereas, the appointee’s annual salary will be 76,000 (seventy-six thousand dollars). And;
Whereas, the appointee will assist the city council members with city legislative matters. And;
Whereas, the appointee will be responsible for the cit., grants solicitations, applications, implementation, progress and compliance. And;
Whereas, the appointee will track the city’s budgetary transactions and funds activities for internal control and compliance. And;
Whereas, the appointee will be the city’s point of contact regarding compliance matters as it relates to the city budget and grants. And;
Whereas, the appointee will assist the city administration, treasurer’s department, and council members with resolutions writing, research., data verifications and validations. And;
Whereas, the appointee will be assigned by the Mayor to other city tasks as needed. And;
Whereas, the appointee will assist the city administration with contract negotiations. And;
Whereas., the appointee will be allocated among city departments and grants as served, and the cost will be reimbursed to the Mayor Office budget. And;
Whereas, the appointee must preferably have 5 (five) years of working experience as a Director or department Head with similar Michigan municipalities. And;
Whereas, the appointee must preferably hold a master’s degree from a US accredited higher education institution in the field of administration, and a bachelor’s degree with accounting major, or an associate’s degree in accounting. And;
Resolved that the city council approve the creation of the Director of Grants and Budget Compliance (DGBC) position and authorize the Mayor to fill it. And, be it further;
Resolved that the City Council authorize the City Comptroller to fund the (DGBC) position from the Mayors office budget for FY 2020 account # 101-171-726-000, and submit to council potential budget amendment if needed.
To apply, please submit a City application and/or cover letter with a resume to the Human Resource Department (6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights, Michigan 48127). This material can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- College transcripts indicating 60 hours of college credit in criminal justice. For applicants who do not have 60 college credits completed, please submit proof of employment as a full-time police officer. Applicants with three years of full-time employment as a police officer do not have the college education requirement. Each year of full-time employment as a police officer will replace 20 college credits in the education requirement. Therefore, candidates may have a combination of college credits and police officer work experience.
- Proof of completion of the Police Academy or proof of current enrollment in the Academy
- For applicants who have completed the Academy, a letter from MCOLES proving certification or ability to be certified
- EMPCO test score (or proof of registration for future exam)
- A copy of MCOLES physical agility certification. To clarify, all candidates must have a current MCOLES physical agility certification or must be registered for the upcoming examination at the time of application.
- Must pass Civil Service written examination administered by Dearborn Heights OR EMPCO written examination with a score of 70% or higher
- Must pass an Oral Interview with a score of 70% of higher.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
We currently have some part-time opportunities in our Recreation Department. The City maintains two Senior Centers and two additional recreational facilities (Canfield Center and Richard A. Young Center). We are accepting applications for part-time custodians and receptionists/office personnel. Applications can be downloaded and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to call 313-791-3420 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The City of Dearborn Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.