Starting salary: $28,866 (based on a four-day per week schedule)
SUMMARY: There are three types of jobs under the laborer classification:
- For the Water Department, laborers are responsible to execute and maintain water repair and maintenance tasks.
- For the Highway Laborer, laborers are responsible for maintaining and fixing roads.
- For the Building Maintenance, laborers are responsible for repairing and maintaining public buildings and parks.
Although there are various types of jobs under the laborer classification, employees may be expected to be able to perform duties in all categories.
EDUCATIONAL AND DRIVING REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid State of Michigan Commercial Driver’s License – Class B with a Air Brake Endorsement (temporary is acceptable)
- Must meet General Government Civil Service Driving Standards
CIVIL SERVICE PROCESS:
- Must pass Civil Service written examination with a score of 70% or higher.
- Must pass an Oral Interview.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
To apply for this position, please submit an application and a copy of your CDL to the Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights. Applications can be downloaded by clicking www.ci.dearborn-heights.mi.us. Applications are due by Thursday, April 18, at 5 p.m.
Starting salary $30,515 plus benefits after 90 days
JOB SUMMARY: Employees receive emergency 911 calls, complaints, and inquiries from the public, evaluate and dispatch police, fire and emergency medical services.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: The work of this division is maintained 24 hours per day, seven day per week, including weekends and holidays. Employees are assigned to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends and holidays. This is sedentary work, and generally dispatchers do not leave premises during an assigned shift.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK DUTIES:
- Answer police, fire department, 911 telephone calls for service
- Answer the TTD telephone when necessary
- Provide general information to citizens
- Enter police, fire, and rescue calls for service in to the department computer CAD system
- Keep shift supervisor updated on all significant events
- Provide emergency medical information to callers as required per protocols
Applicant shall be subject to the following investigation:
- Driving record
- Drug screening
- Criminal history
- Personal background check
- Must pass post-offer psychological and physical exam
- Must pass written examination/simulation and oral board (panel interview) with a minimum score of 70%.
- Must meet all state and federal standards for LEIN operators in order to maintain employment.
To apply for this position, please submit an application by clicking https://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/dearbornheights/published_documents/Forms/HR/genapp.pdf or obtained in person at the Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights. Applications are due by Thursday, April 18, at 5 p.m to the Human Resource Department.
Starting salary: $30 per hour
The City of Dearborn Heights is accepting applications for the Part Time Inspectors, including Plumbing and Mechanical. This individual will be responsible for conducting inspections on residential, commercial and industrial properties. This individual must be a registered Inspector with the State of Michigan (in compliance with Act 54) or capable of registration shortly after employment, High School graduate, and hold a Masters License with 10 years of field experience. Individual must also have a valid State of Michigan driver's license and must pass criminal background check. To apply, please To apply for this position, please submit an application by clicking https://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/dearbornheights/published_documents/Forms/HR/genapp.pdf or obtained in person at the Human Resource Department, 6045 Fenton, Dearborn Heights.
The City of Dearborn Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.