POLICE OFFICERStarting salary $40,800
- College transcripts indicating 60 hours of college credit in criminal justice. For applicants who do not have 60 college credits completed, please submit proof of employment as a full-time police officer. Applicants with three years of full-time employment as a police officer do not have the college education requirement. Each year of full-time employment as a police officer will replace 20 college credits in the education requirement. Therefore, candidates may have a combination of college credits and police officer work experience.
- Proof of completion of the Police Academy or proof of current enrollment in the Academy
- For applicants who have completed the Academy, a letter from MCOLES proving certification or ability to be certified
- EMPCO test score (or proof of registration for future exam)
- A copy of MCOLES physical agility certification. To clarify, all candidates must have a current MCOLES physical agility certification or must be registered for the upcoming examination at the time of application.
- Must pass Civil Service written examination administered by Dearborn Heights OR EMPCO written examination with a score of 70% or higher
- Must pass an Oral Interview with a score of 70% of higher.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass post-offer physical examination with a drug/alcohol screening.
We are still taking applications even during the COVID-19 crisis. Simply email the HR Director with your application and accompanying document at email@example.com. We fully understand EMPCO is not holding tests at this time. We will work with candidates to navigate our hiring process.
Part-time Employment Opportunities
- Grass/grounds maintenance workers
To apply for any of these positions, please download an application by clicking https://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/dearbornheights/published_documents/Forms/HR/genapp.pdf. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Dearborn Heights is an Equal Opportunity Employer.