Governor Whitmer declared a state of emergency in Wayne County. Click here to view the Executive Order
Those impacted by the flood should follow these steps:
- Try to limit your contact with the water. Wear heavy work gloves, protective clothing and boots during clean up and use appropriate face coverings or masks if cleaning mold or other debris.
- Stay away from power lines and electrical wires. The number two flood killer after drowning is
- Electrical current can travel through water. Report downed power lines to DTE Energy at
- 1 (800) 477-4747
- Be alert to gas leaks. Turn off the gas to your house before it floods. If you smell gas, report
- it to a City official or your gas company. Do not use candles, lanterns or open flames if you
- smell gas or are unsure if your gas has been shut off.
- Look out for animals, especially snakes. Small animals that have been forced out of their
- homes may seek shelter in yours.
- Get damaged items out to the curb as soon as possible GFL will pick them up within 7 days.
- Fill out the 2021 Flood Survey Sheet, create an inventory of all damages, email photos and receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org. This data will help when the city applies for emergency relief funds. You can also download the 2021 Flood Survey Sheet here and return it to the Mayor's Office.
Are you a Senior Citizen or a Disabled Resident that needs help?
Please fill out the 2021 Assistance Form
Seeking Volunteers to help Senior Citizens:
If you are willing to volunteer to help Senior Citizens cleaning out their basement please fill out this form: 2021 Flood Volunteer Form
The following websites may also be beneficial to residents seeking flood-related information or assistance:
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): http://www.fema.gov/individual/home.shtm
FEMA Information on Floods and Flash Floods: http://www.fema.gov/hazard/
National Flood Insurance Program: http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/pages/index.jsp?WT.mc_id=YahooSSP&WT.srch=1
National Weather Service: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/
State of Michigan: http://www.michigan.gov/michiganprepares
Flooded Basement Information - Wayne County Department of Public Health: http://www.waynecounty.com/hsem_resources_seasonal_floods.htm
American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/portal/site/en/menuitem.d8aaecf214c576bf971e4cfe43181aa0/?vgnextoid=b3d31b655eb3b110VgnVCM10000089f0870aRCRD
HOMELESS PREVENTION PROGRAM:
RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAM:
FHA’s COVID-19 MORTGAGE PAYMENT FORBEARANCE PROGRAM:
Please stay safe as we continue to assess, monitor, and address the flooding.