Parks and Recreation


"Where to Call"

Adult Day Care: 

  • Oakwood Hospital   (313) 436-2440
  • Revival Outreach   (734) 927-6605
  • Wayne County Westland   (734) 727-7378
  • Wayne County Wyandotte   (313) 285-6437
  • Woodhaven of Livonia   (313) 261-9000 

Alzheimer's Association

  • Detroit Area Chapter
(248) 557-8277
(800) 337-3827


  • Arthritis Foundation
(800) 968-3030
(248) 424-9001

  • National Institute of Arthritis
(877) 226-4267

Dearborn Heights Senior Citizen Centers:

  • Berwyn Senior Citizen Center
26155 Richardson,   (313) 791-3550
  • Eton Senior Citizen Center

4900 Pardee,   (313) 277-7765

Services offered at both Centers:

  • Blood Pressure Monitoring
  • Health Screening:  A series of medical tests given to identify present or potential health problems.
  • Life Line (800) 324-1851
  • Knox Boxes
  • Loan Closets:  Medical Equipment
  • Recreation Programs & Social Activities
  • Senior Clubs
  • Senior Support Group: Bereavement - Eton Only
  • Surplus Food Commodity Distribution 



  • Assistance in caring for the terminally ill
(800) 527-6266
(248) 827-1592

Legal Assistance:

  • Legal Aid & Defender Assoc., Senior Citizens Legal Aid Project
(877) 964-4700

Long Term Care Ombudsman:

  • Assistance to residents of long-term care facilities to resolve complaints; information about rights and rules; and referrals to community resources. Assistance regarding placement, financing & options. Citizens for Better Care (800) 833-9548. 

Meals: Congregate, Home Delivered & Liquid Meals:

  • Wayne County Office of Nutrition Services (800) 851­-1454. Note: A minimum 24-hour reservation is required.

Respite Care (Dementia-related):

  • Seeks to provide respite & adult day care assistance to seniors with dementia related illnesses. Oakwood Hospital Adult Day Health Center 436-2440 or Alzheimer's Association Detroit Area Chapter (248) 557-8277. 

The Senior Alliance:

3850 Second Street, Suite 201
Wayne, Michigan 48184

♦  Services offered:

  • Care Management: links frail older persons with community services, includes an in-home assessment by a registered nurse & social worker, followed by arrangements for service delivery.
  • Case Coordination & Support: accesses the eligibility of seniors for in-home services such as Personal Care, Homemaker and Respite Care. After determination of eligibility, service provision is arranged.
  • Holiday Meals
  • Homemaker
  • Information & Referral
  • Medicare/Medicaid Assistance
  • Outreach: designed to identify & assist isolated older persons in the greatest social & economic need, access agency services.
  • Program (MMAP)
  • Respite Care: provides relief to caregivers at home, includes attendant care.
  • Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP)
  • Shelter Advisor: provides older adults & families with information about suitable housing alternatives, home heating assistance programs, home safety and energy conservation.

Telephone Reassurance:

  • Service with Love Program - provides for regular phone contacts with homebound older persons to assure their well-being & safety and to provide social interaction. R.S.V.P. 278­-8455.


  • SMART Community Transit   (866) 962-5515

Vision Services:

  • Upshaw Institute for the Blind   (313) 272-3900 


  1. How do I receive homebound meals?  Contact Wayne County Office of  Nutrition Services at (313) 326-­4400 or (800) 815-1112 to see if you are eligible.
  2. Can I join a senior citizen club if I am not a resident?  Yes you can!
  3. Do you provide transportation?  No, however transportation is provided by SMART by calling (866) 962-5515. Note: a minimum 24-hour reservation is required.
  4. Do you serve free meals at your Center?  Congregate meals are served at both the Eton and Berwyn Senior Center for a donation.
  5. Does your Center provide blood pressure checks?  Yes, both the Eton and Berwyn Center do.