Department of Public Works
24600 Van Born, Dearborn Heights, MI 48125
313-791-6000, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing additional trash or recycle containers
If you would like to purchase additional Trash or Recycle Containers, please contact Priority Waste directly at (586) 228-1200 or online here.
Questions about Rubbish Pick-Up?
If you have questions about Rubbish Pickup, please call Priority Waste directly at (586) 228-1200. Please visit this link for more information on trash collection services.
Street Sweeping Information/Map:
Please click here for an updated map of dates & areas of completed City-wide street sweeping.
Trash and Recycling containers should be placed between the sidewalk and the street. Placement can either be in the apron/approach or on the grass. Carts should NOT be on the street. Carts that are on the street will be placed back onto the homeowners property.
Yard waste season started on April 3rd and will end the second full week of December (December 15th will be the last day for pickup).
Holiday Pickup Information:
The following holidays will affect trash pick up for 2023:
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29, 2023) - Trash collection will be behind one day all week and will be picked up through Saturday, June 3rd.
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4, 2023) - Trash collection will be behind one day after the holiday and will be picked up through Saturday, July 8th.
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4, 2023) - Trash collection will be behind one day all week and will be picked up through Saturday, September 9th.
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23, 2023) - Trash collection will be behind one day after the holiday (Thursday & Friday pickups) and will be picked up through Saturday, November 25th.
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 25, 2023) - Trash collection will be behind one day all week and will be picked up through Saturday, December 30th.
Wayne County Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Days:
Saturday, June 17, 2023 - Henry Ford College
Saturday, August 26, 2023 - Westland Shopping Center
Saturday, October 21, 2023 - Wayne County Community College
Residents affected by water outages will be notified prior to water shutoffs.Click here for a current copy of DTE Energy's tree trimming map
Click Here for Trash Pick-Up Schedule
Click here for Street Sweep Schedule
Click here for the Current 2021 CCR (Water Quality) Report
Click Here for a copy of the 2020 CCR Report
Click here for a copy of the 2019 CCR Report
New Educational Resource: PFAS Facts