Wayne County Flood Relief Grant Funding - Deadline September 21, 2021
Wayne County is offering financial assistance for residents impacted by the June 2021 flooding. Funding will help cover damages and costs that have not been covered by FEMA or private property insurance. This grant is intended to cover the costs of tangible goods and belongings such as carpets, couches, drywall, and food. Additionally, this grant may be used to cover contracted labor if the applicant can provide itemized quotes or receipts from their contractor.
The application deadline is Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021.
To be eligible:
- The property for which you are applying for must be located in Wayne County (*not including the City of Detroit).
- The property must be a residential property.
- The damage that applicants document and submit for this grant must be related to the June 25-26 weather events.
- Applicants must have applied for FEMA assistance to qualify for the Flood Relief Grant funding.
Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- Proof of residence.
- FEMA application number.
- Pictures of damaged belongings.
- Insurance claim documents (if applicable).
- Itemized quote and/or receipt for contractor work (if applicable).
Funds will be used to cover items that have not or will not be paid for by FEMA or other property insurance. Application to the FEMA assistance program is a prerequisite to qualify for this program, and ONLY applicants with registered applications with FEMA will be considered.
DON’T FORGET: REGISTER FOR FEDERAL ASSISTANCE THROUGH FEMA
FEMA announced the Sept. 13 deadline is extended to Oct. 13 to give residents extra time to seek reimbursement for damages caused by rainstorms from June 25-26. More than 40,000 applications were approved as of Wednesday, opening up $118 million in federal funds to Southeast Michigan residents.